Sunday, December 10, 2017

Year review 2017

This year has given me: Experiences, Lessons, Mistakes, Friends and Achievements. I name year of 2017 to turning point of my life. And here is why:

January
: Represented my country at the Asia Pacific Youth Exchange 2017 with 50 percent participation fee scholarship. Made many friends and inspired by them a lot and it has increased my passion for study overseas. Also first time in a country where has only two seasons. This program was held in Bangkok Thailand, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific /UNESCAP/. Special thanks to Mr. Hyongmin Kim who is the Managing Director of the Urban Youth Academy.

   at the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific /UNESCAP/

from right to left: Wendy, Jama, Zayan, Hong, Edda, Naing





February: Organized Mr. Haoliang Xu’s public speaking event with UNYAP team and UNDP Mongolia’s former communication officer Saihanaa /egch/ and UNDP Mongolia’s IT man Oyunbold /ah/. I experienced one good life lesson that “What you see is What you get” in every bad day/situation there is always good side, do not throw yourself into blackhole of downside. Believe me this is true.
Epic welfie with Mr. Haoliang Xu /UN Assistant Secretary General/, Mrs. Beate Trunkman /UN Resident Coordinator in Mongolia/, UNYAPers and Volunteers


March: took a TOEFL exam. Actually result wasn’t good enough but at least I tried. If you have an exam tomorrow please sleep early, I slept during the listening section and lost half of the listening section score. Unfortunately, day before this exam I slept around 3 am and woke up at 8 am that was really bad decision.
 /result score is equivalent to IELTS 6.0 :)))/



April: applied Taiwan MOE (Ministry Of Education) scholarship. The process of preparing all required documents and other things were so hard and complicated. Before this time my mother had been helping me always but this year she is in overseas and busy for doing her PhD. In July, I got an email that I was terminated from this scholarship from the last step. #sadreactionsonly


May: Organized Education for Sustainable Development 2nd National Conference with UNYAP team and National Commission for UNESCO in Mongolia. Heard one very good news this month: accepted by CAYN 2017 (Central Asian Youth Network) event in Kazakhstan with fully funded, later in 2 weeks: I terminated /total disaster boo/. I want to keep the reason privately anyway it happened because of me /good lesson/.


June: Left my job and travelled to Shiliin bogd mountian, 1700km of road trip. This month I didn't do much just enjoyed the summertime.
my bad driving skill : stuck in the clay mud



July: First international trip with my friends, we went to Baikal lake that is locating in Russia. That was really awesome and fun, we never gonna forget this joyful 2400 km's of roadtrip. Gained lot of experience about traveling with low budget haha. Right after this trip sold my oldsport that shown in the previous picture. /3 years of relationship, oh my baby missing you!!!/ 
Ankara river, Irkutsk Russia /from left to right: JA, BU, BY/


August: Birthday month, turned 23. Represented my country at the East Asian Youth Consultation in Beijing China with fully covered by UNESCO. Made some national and international friends who also participated in this consultation. Visited to the one of the seven wonders Great Wall of China.
at the UNESCO Beijing Cluster Office with Representative and other Mongolian delegates


September: Got my American student F1 visa. Mommy came in home country and spent few days together after almost 2 years. She cooked tsuivan/kinda national food/ to me, missing this dish so much. Again #sadreactionsonly


October: traveled to the Golden Moscow City, New York City and North Carolina State, Duke University. Thank you to my family and friends who helped me to make this possible. 
Atlas monument, NYC, USA


November: Started Master of Computer Science degree journey in the USA. The truth is the university that I am studying isn’t big cool university or Ivy League but it is great deal to come in the USA, improve English and make some paid intern in the US company. Next year I have to make Curriculum Practical Training(CPT).


December: Planning to go to Chicago city during the winter break. Hope to find some part time job there. /You know the student life yeah? lack of money :))/

I don't remember which books I read this year but i can say sure that at least 10+ books finished in 2017.  Now I am making next year's plan and also 5 years plan. 
A goal without plan is just wish. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Of course, I couldn't done all of this by myself alone, so thank you very much to my dear friends, family and colleague. Maybe this sounds too generous but i won't forget the people who helped me.